Thursday, 27 August 2020

Reflection

                                             Reflection

                                                      

                                     ICT for Teaching and Learning


Schools were closed since from march month due to COVID-19 pandemic and till now we are not able to resume the school but we are engaging students through online teaching. We are using Wechat and Messenger as the main platform for Virtual Education. I am teaching class one(English and Mathematics) this year. So, I use my smart phone to provide the works and do the assessment through popularly known apps such as Wechat and Messenger as parents are more comfortable to use these apps rather than Google Classroom.

ICT in education enhances engagement and knowledge retention. The use of ICT in education adds value to teaching and learning by enhancing the effectiveness of learning. ICT promotes learner engagement as learners choose what to learn at their own pace and work on real life situation problems as our country is facing now. Even if we don't go to school, students and teachers are kept engaged and some teaching and learning takes place between the teacher and the students.

On 2nd august 2020, I send a video to my students on the topic domestic and wild animals through We chat. I asked my students to watch the video and learn the names of at least 10 domestic and wild animals. So students could learn the names of some domestic and wild animals from the provided video. In the next activity i post the work for the students and told them to open their work book page 9 to do the activity. I explained them what to do by reading the instructions on the page. After the students finished their work, let them post their works in the personal We chat and gave feedback according to their work. While correcting their work I was much satisfied that the lesson very fruitful. When we send the video, children can watch the video as many times as they can and check their learning. If they made mistakes i made them to rewrite and post again.

A few students could not turn on, as they don't have a smart phones.So for those students I made a call and guided them by visiting at their places and provided the SIM and their work books and advised their elder brother and sister to do the activities. So, in this way i could help them and i got little satisfaction of what i have done.

Some of the  challenges faced during online classes are as follows;

📌Some of the students don't have television at home to watch e- learning

📌Some students don't have smart phones to learn through Wechat and messenger.

📌Some students don't listen to their parents and some parents are uneducated and find it         difficult to teach their children  at home.

📌Some students has to share the phone with his or her siblings.So these are some of the            challenges faced during the online teaching.


 Lesson for 02/08/20

   Lesson Topic: Domestic and Wild Animals


                                                     The video provided to Students

              

                                 Source:Youtube

                



The page given below was provided to the students to do the activity with the help of their parents. I read the instructions on the page for them and explained them what to do.

          


                                 The students work were corrected and send back to them and asked them to                                                                                    correct the mistakes.






Name- Chhimi Om

Student code no- 06170397

DE III B










12 comments:

  1. Its really nice that you are using various means to teach the children. Keep going madam chimi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice work for your students la. Great keep going

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you madam. You have also done awesome job. keep going madam!

      Delete
  3. Nice lesson with video and feedback and prompt response to student encourage them to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you madam la for your wonderful feedback.

      Delete
  4. Madam Chimi you have made a good lesson la.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madam Chimi I felt that most of the time you are using wechat forum teaching and learning which i felt it good mode to communicate with your lower class students, I found the wechat is more applicable than other like google classroom and telegram....great job la..keep going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much la. Yes, Wechat is much more convenient for lower classes since most parents are used to it la.

      Delete
  6. Nice lesson on Domestic and Wild animals using ICT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful reflection! I too support you that ICT promotes learner engagement as learners choose what to learn at their own pace and work on real life situation. I hope you might have supper plans to overcome all yours challenges.

    ReplyDelete